letter I letter M map location letter  A letter G KMcElman_100416_0104 IMG_5612_3 letter E

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tool #9: Sharing Information

Jing: I think Jing can be another way for students to collaborate and share information on websites that they may have found. At first I kinda was having a difficult time determining how Jing could be used with students, but the more I think about it students could also use Jing in different subject areas. Capturing images or websites to share with peers could be a use. Possibly even with problem solving or read alouds.

Sype: I have to be quite honest, at first I didn't see how Skype could be used in the classroom. We have used Skype a couple of times at home to communitcate with family members, but didn't see a use for the classroom. Thanks to an article posted on the 11 tools website  I was introduced to many ways Skype could be used in the classroom. From simple ideas such as chatting with an autor or having students develop language. Also having a guest speaker is possible with Skype. I'm excited at the many possiblities that Skype has to offer and am eager to see how I can incorporate this tool in my class. Oh and the awesome article was posted  is listed below.
50 Awesome Ways to Use Skype in the Classroom

1 comment:

  1. I'm working with some other librarians in order to have an author skype visit in the fall. I'm a little nervous about all the details, but think it is worth it!

    ReplyDelete