letter I letter M map location letter  A letter G KMcElman_100416_0104 IMG_5612_3 letter E

Thursday, August 5, 2010

After 11 Tools: Reflections

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
Digital Storytelling: Using PhotoStory was definitely one of my favorite tools. It was a lot of fun and a great creative way to share a story. I know students would love to do something like this and would be engaged and eager. I would like to incorporate soemthing like this some time this school year.
Mobile Technology & Apps: Finding apps was antoher one of my favorites. I always like finding new apps and especially if there free. Finding the educational free games was easy and the games were fun to play. It would be cool to have a few iPods or iPads in the classroom to use as a workstation. A great benefit is that they are small and easy to store...at they same time they have interent access.
Image Generators: The different image generators were also fun to create and add to your page. Students would love to demonstrate the images they created.


2. How have you transfomed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom?

After doing the 11 tools I was able to explore different sources that can be used in the classroom. My thinking has been transformed to the many possiblities these tools provided. There are many resources out there that I was not aware of until doing these 11 tools.


3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I really didn't know what the 11 tools consisted of when I first started, but after completeing these tools it opened my eyes to different possiblities. There were a few tools that I found interesting and could be applicable to the classroom. The tools also opened my eyes to digital citizenship and Skype in the classroom. All in all completing these 11 tools was not as difficult as I thougt it would be and was a great learning expierence.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you finished and learned some new things while you were at it. It's going to be so neat to have i-touches in our classrooms!

    ReplyDelete