letter I letter M map location letter  A letter G KMcElman_100416_0104 IMG_5612_3 letter E

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tool #11: Digital Citizenship

I wasn't quite sure what digital citizenship was at first until I read up on it. I think teaching Digital Citizenship is  important to keep students safe and aware about technology. It teaches students technology etiquette, which I think sometimes is over looked. I think teaching digital citizenship can be done in the beginning of the year and just like classroom expectations. I think reminding students throughout the year about digital citizenships is also a way to keep students aware as well.
 When teaching digital citizenship I would focus  on responsibilty, safety and awareness. Students need to be aware of possible dangers and know how to use technology appropriately.  Students should also be responsible and safe by modeling responsible behaviors when online would be a way to demonstrate this to students.
I think maybe even bringing in a guest speaker about computer etiquette would also be helpful.

1 comment:

  1. A guest speaker is a great idea! Are you thinking of anyone in particular or a specific occupation?

    ReplyDelete